Monday, November 17, 2008

Scrabble, Malcolm X Factor

I will do ANYTHING, within the rules, to beat my girlfriend at Scrabble. I dropped an N bomb on the Scrabble board on Friday. I say board, it was on the Nintendo Ds. When we started, I was given ENGIGIR or something. I was really only testing it to see if it was accepted by the Collins list in the game. Boom. Ouch. A short while later, in mid game, I dropped the DS and lost wireless reception. Game ruined. I thought maybe the spirit of Malcolm X had somehow played a part.

I think this was only because I was watching the Malcolm X movie recently, so he was in my head. I was wondering though, why I hadn't seen a shifty white trailer hick polishing a gun for the whole movie. It transpires he was killed by two African American Muslims. Not knowing much of American history sure payed off with a killer twist. Spike Lee is a great director. Biopics were cool before Hollywood wore them down. I wonder who will play Obama. Will smith might be too old by them time they make that movie. Unless he gets shot. Obama, not Will. I really hope that doesn't happen. Will Smith has aged well, you never know.

I downloaded Nina Simone's Greatest Hits yesterday. She's dead, God rest her, she wont get any money anyway. I had completely forgotten she's not a Diva style singer. Some of the stuff is real raw. I also downloaded Warren Zevon songs because he has escaped me like a greasy rabbit until now. I hope he is good. I'll listen tomorrow.

I watch X Factor because I like to see people that I don't like the look of, lose. It might take weeks but I honestly enjoy watching their dreams being pulled from under them. This is the first year I've ever watched it. I wish I had have known how medieval and barbaric it can be. Forget the songs. Look at those cocky deluded freaks cry. That Northern kid is next on my wish list to go. Unless he sings Zombie by the Cranberries, that would rule for all the wrong reasons.

Bits of random:
I often wonder how sore being shot in the arm would be.
When I notice a Security guard following me, I follow them. I really do. I need to sort that out.


I think people who parade animals around like this deserve what they get.



I've been writing horrible rap lyrics in my head all week. Need to get back to my Classical/Electronic project. Writing music on your own is so hard. Structure wise anyway. I might open this project up to others, for its own sake and mine.

Of late Ive been making up words too. Crapstaniel, Cripplewick, Satchelviesel. I need to find a gratifying project. Do I need other people to say "Yo, that's great"? Nnnnyyyeah. Yeah I think I do.
I think everyone needs it from time to time.

My girl gives me lots of inspiration, so I can't complain.
Here's one for herself.




"Such a classic girl,
Gives her man great ideas.
Hears you tell your friends,
Hey man, listen to my great idea!
It's true I am a villain
When you fall ill,
that's probably because

Men never can be.
Not like a girl.
A classic girl...
Such a classic girl..."


That's the last video, I swear.

Tomorrow (kinda today, I guess) I'm going to try to be nice to the rest of the human race. I'll try not to become impatient with slow people in front of me, or fast people behind me, walking up my hole. No eyeballing red face, screaming kids with their Hitleresque snot-moustaches. I might even get into an elevator if there is a buggy in it, but I cant smile warmly and approvingly at the kid. Unless there's something wrong with it.

No comments: